Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh, hello internet...sorry I havn't called.


Has it really already been a 2 months since my last post? Jeeze, I've been slacking...but I'm back! July has been so crazy for me. Since my last post I have gotten two--count 'em TWO--jobs. One was the job I had all winter hostessing at a local pub, they lay us off for the slow season, i.e. spring and fall. The other is at a local coffee shop as a barista. I love both my jobs and I love everyone I work with. The pub is fun because theres live music every night and i usually make great tips (once, a guy payed me $100 to run to the gas station down the street and buy him ciggarets!) and the coffee shop is just so different from what I'm used too. In the last two years I've never had a job where I didn't work nights, so getting up for a 6 or 7AM shift is brutal but also really nice. I love that I have so much of the day ahead of me. I get off by 2 or 3 and theres still enough daylight to go to the beach! I'm also in training to work with my Mom at her art gallery selling art. So, technically I have three jobs, but I only work at the gallery once a week. Hopefully, the gallery will eventually replace one or both of the other jobs so I can actually have a life.


So that's where I've been. Working, working, working. And on days I'm not working I'm at the beach or out hiking or riding my bike/longboard around town. It's so hard to stay cooped up in doors when the summer is so amazing here in Tahoe. I have a tan! If you know me at all you know how crazy this is because I'm usually Pasty McPasterson. I've also been looking at apartments as my best friend and I are planning on moving in together at the end of September (hopefully). I'm so excited to live with her! She's more like my sister than my friend, even our mothers call us their surrogate children. It'll be nice to live with a smaller population, too. my current roommate count is at five, with at least one or two people sleeping on our couches regularly. It's fun and the house we live in is huge so five people isn't really that big of a deal, but I live in the attic (someday I'll post pictures) and, well, honestly five people is still a lot of people, particularly if none of them are especially neat. Also, I'd like a room with real walls and a ceiling that's more than four feet high. 

{Trousers::Thrifted | Shirt::Gift | Necklace::Gift | Shoes::Urban Outfitters}

I hope everyones summer has been as glorious as mine has. I've been hiking, swimming, rafting, cliff jumping, concert going, camping, trip taking, and a million other things in between. So far it's been one of the best summers of my life and theres still so much of it left to enjoy! Go get out and enjoy the sun and sand, I know I have been!

the song stuck in my head: Ob-La-Di. Ob-La-Da by The Beatles
this song makes me happy and I wanted to share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment