Monday, March 1, 2010

Blog Crush

I am not one for crushes. Mooning over someone unavailable to me seems pointless. I never understood the girls who got all doe-eyed and fluttery around the boy they liked, particularly if that boy was, oh, a TV star. Talk about unrequited love. So I always secretly laughed at those girls, staring adoringly up at life-size posters of Orlando Bloom in full Lord of the Rings Elf regalia. How silly. How lame.

Oh, how things have changed. And it's all at the hands of the bewitching Karla Deras of Karla's Closet. I wait eagerly every week for her updates and outfit posts, and then coo and sigh over them adoringly. That bag! That jacket! Those shoes!!

I'm sure there are loads of you who are familiar with Karla, she's something of a celebrity in the Fashion Blogging community, or so I gather. But I just wanted to add my little ode of unrequited love to her here.


This crazy girl-crush I have on Karla Deras is at least 2 and a half years old and it's quite pathetic, really. I think it has something to do with the fact that she is pretty much my style soul mate. Ladylike with a bit of an edge, she has an incredible sense of fun in her personal style, combining color, texture and prints in a way that seems effortless yet put together. Ruffles with leather corsets. Stripper boots paired with oversize sweaters and sweet, full skirted cocktail dresses. Jeans, neon blazers, tailored trousers, leopard print clutches, tutus, military details, dramatic gowns, I swear, I want to wear every single look she shows on her site. She makes everything look easy and totally accessible and modern, but with a undercurrent of old school glamor.

As you can see her photos are all beautiful and delicious to look at.



w1-1.jpg picture by stylebook18

glove6.jpg picture by stylebook18

So, if you don't know of her, you should seriously go check out her blog. If you do know of her, go back. Look through her older looks, soak up all that awesome and be envious of how damn gorgeous she is. I'm going to go swoon some more, have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment