Monday, December 13, 2010

remember to feel real.

Somewhere around the middle of finals week, all my motivation died on the table. I just havn't felt the desire to do ANYTHING since the last day of midterms and, thus, have been doing a whole lot of nothing over the last week or so. My brain feels like a lump of mush in my dome. I'm slowly making a recovery; cracking open my planner to examine all the stuff I've been ignoring, catching up on the Rosetta Stone Swedish program I'm using, finishing books that have been laying open, face down on various tables around the house, doing the massive pile of dishes that has been stacking up in the kitchen, trying to get all the paperwork for my trip in order... My room is still a disaster area, but I'm working up momentum before I try to tackle that horrorfest.

So, other than working, going home, watching movies, researching Sweden and staring blankly at my ceiling, my life hasn't been too exciting. I did go to two shows in the last week or so, though. My friends, Kyle, Beth, Joel, Brian, and Jared are in a band called Ugly Little Children and they played a benefit concert for Haiti last Friday which was a BLAST. Then there was the performance for their music class, Rock Ensemble, and the after party. Very good times, indeed. I hadn't been out in a while, so going out and seeing all my friends and listening to some amazing music was something I really needed. I need to avoid becoming too much of a hermit, I have a tendency to insulate myself to the world when I spend too much time by myself.

In other news: we have our little, Charlie Brown Christmas tree up and it looks pretty dang adorable, if I do say so myself. I still have a ton of Christmas shopping to do though, and being super broke is not helping the situation. Usually I try to get a little something for all my friends, but this year it's just not doable on my budget, so I'm restricting my gift-giving to my nearest and dearest. I think Ashley and I may make cookies or fudge for everyone else, so at least we can give them a little something to remind them we love them. 

My parents keep asking me what I want for Christmas, and while the rational part of me knows I need to ask them for "essential" type things; new prescription glasses, so I don't have to wear my contacts all the time, a bus pass...I couldn't help but do a little "window shopping" for myself while perusing the offerings at some of my favorite online stores. I swear, it started as a gift search for my list, and ended like this...



{Panasonic AV Room Headphones in White :: $62 :: Urban Outfitters}
these would be amazing while skiing, keep mah ears all nice and toasty and prevent creepers from trying to chat me up on the lift.


{Press Darling Jacket :: $79.99 :: Modcloth}
do I really need a reason? it's got GOLD TRIM...and epaulets. 

{Bonny Stargazer Dress :: $156.99 :: Modcloth}
i am seriously lacking a long-sleeved dress, and this one is just so freaking cute.

{Rosette Quilt :: $248 :: Anthropologie}
I have been obsessed with this comforter from Anthro for nearly 3 years. It's the perfect shade of grey and just looks so pretty and comfy.

{Flamenco Shower Curtain :: $118 :: Anthropologie}
our shower curtain is plain white plastic. boring as hell and a little bit depressing in our super-dark, wood paneled bathroom. this would brighten things up considerably. IT HAS RUFFLES!

{Adventurer Spyglass :: $49 :: Aevalillithjewelry on Etsy}
There are several varieties of this necklace on Etsy, but I like the tarnished look of this one best.

Other things I need but am too lazy to look up pictures for:
A dressform.
Tights/leggings in various colors and styles.
A cozy grampa sweater.
A bus tickit to San Fran.
For it to DUMP snow for the next week or so. It's all melting because the weather has been so warm the last few days. Theres grass visible in most parts of town. UNACCEPTABLE!!

Hope everyone is getting into the Christmas Spirit out there. Remember, only12 days left till Christmas! Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment