Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Field Below

shirt : Ross//denim leggings : Ross//flats : Urban Outfitters//headband : Savvy//sunnies : thrifted

Guh! Sorry for the lack of posting, the weather here has been uninspiring to say the least. Thats right, more snow! And rain, and wind and generally un-summer-like weather has abounded for the last two weeks or so, leaving me feeling less than inclined to dress cute and romp about in the ickyness. And it's only supposed to continue, with rain predicted for the rest of the week. Eeww!!

I'm extremely bitter about all this, but still trying to put my best foot forward. These pics are from sometime last week, when the sun was making a valiant effort to prove that it was, in fact, mid May, not November. Most of the photos in this series are of me battling my hair as it tries to devour my face. Flattering. These are the few that came out all right. This outfit is all sorts of comfy, and yes, that is a Canadian Tuxedo I'm sporting (denim-on-denim), but, here's my argument for anyone who thinks this is some sort of crime against fashion:

1. Neither of these items is actually denim. The "jeans" are acually denim leggings (aka: Jeggings, but I refuse to call them that), and the shirt is Chambray.

2. I think it looks cute and I'm the one wearing it, so there.

And that's it.  Rather convincing if I do say so myself.



This is all in the meadow behind my school. I literally wandered out back in between classes and snapped a few pictures, trying to look casual as people walking their dogs moseyed by. I actually used to live just on the other side of this meadow and spent most of my summer chilling by the river that runs through it. Such a pretty area, and pretty much right in the middle of town.

In other news: today I spent the majority of the day helping my mom move. Mainly by cleaning. It's extraordinary how disgusting those little nooks and crannies get after a while. I felt pretty grungy afterwards so I rewarded myself with a long hot shower and a trip to the thrift store that nearly sent me into a fit. So much cute stuff! Clearly everyones been cleaning out their closets and doing some spring cleaning, because the racks were stuffed with cute shirts and dresses. I was about to have a conniption over one dress in particular because I didn't have the cash to buy it right then and there. I'm going back tomorrow--cash in hand--so I can pretty much clean them out. Hooray for yard sale cash!

Fingers crossed the sun comes out soon!

With love,
L.


1 comment:

  1. You look adorable, you are one of the few that can rock jeggings very well.

    I hope the sun comes out soon too! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete