Saturday, May 8, 2010

sweet ophelia


This outfit is nothing special. Jeans, a well-loved cardi, and a pretty tank I've had for ages. Simple, warm (it's still only in the 50s here), and functional. I spent the majority of the day cleaning house, and reading blogs, trying to fix my computer so my music would work (frustrating, to say the least). I did manage to squeeze in a trip to the thrift store and scored some really cool blouses, a pretty new scarf and this snazzy short grey kimono that I'm still working out how to style. 

In other news, I'd like to introduce you all to someone special to me. Her name is Ophelia and she's my baby. She's an Arbor bamboo blunt longboard and she makes me happier than sorbet on a hot day. She's one of the best investments I've ever made and their really is nothing like carving down a hill on one of these. If your thinking about investing in a longboard, I highly recommend Arbor boards (they do their best to be as eco friendly, recycling the wood and plastic used in creating their boards). 

I've only beed riding for about a year, so I'm no hot shot and I sure as hell can't do any tricks, but I cruise around on this thing almost every day and I'm still as obsessed with it as I was the first day I got it. I have had a few spills, but never anything serious enough to deter me. 
Isn't she lovely?

Hope you all have an awesome weekend! I have several birthdays too attend and it finally seems like its warming up! 60 degrees, here we come!

with love,
L.

2 comments:

  1. very cool! I used to skateboard a bit when I was little but havent done for aaaages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing pics
    love it!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete