Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Finally! Summer, where have you been all my life?? Now that your here at long last, I don't know how I ever made it without you!! Fantasizing about all the fun I'd be having when you did finally show your pretty face, I suppose. Well, at any rate, now that it's here, summer 2010 looks like it's gonna be a good one! 

Spent most of the morning and afternoon of Friday and Saturday cleaning my moms house. I have this nasty cold thing (of course, now that summers here I come down with the crud I had thought I was gonna miss out on), so by the end of all the scrubbing and dusting and general ickyness, I felt pretty beat and came home to crash. There was a roommate Mrs. Doubfire and Home Alone screening though, which made me feel like a little kid again. If we had watched Homeward Bound it woulda been pretty much my whole childhood in one sitting. 

Sunday was spent at the Horizon Pool Party, where our friends band, The Be Sharps (haha, music humor) were playing their first gig as the house band. Hm, a gorgeous sunny day spent by the pool listening to some awesome music played by some of my favorite people? So amazing. Though I did get a lil' crispy laying out in the sun =/. 


Ashley and Preston enjoying some tasty beverages.

Beth rockin' out. She's got some killer pipes.

The band called it quits around fourish, at which point we headed back to our house to BBQ up some delicious Samburgers (our roommate Sam makes the most amazing bleu cheese burgers.) I whipped up some sweet potato fries and everyone chowed down. We ended the night with a screening of Goosebumps: A Night in Terror Tower, haha, sooo terribly awesome. I can't believe I used to love that show as a kid, it's so low budget and nerdy. I went to bed sun-drenched, well fed and happy.

Woke up this morning to the first birds waking up (5:15AM) and a splitting headache. Climbed in the shower, made myself an omlette and was in the car headed for the West Shore by 9AM with Garth, Katrina, Brian and Lea for a day of hiking in honor of our little Hurricanes birthday. Let me tell you, those kids are in much better shape than me and nearly left me in a panting heap at the bottom of one of the hills they dragged me up, but it was a totally fun and laughter filled day. It was overcast and we got sprinkled on by the rain a few times, but it was still warm and the cloud cover kept the sun from murdering us, plus, it looked really cool over the lake. 


All and all, an amazing weekend to kickstart the summer. Good friends, good food, beautiful surroundings, great music...so far this summer is off to a great start. Can't wait for all the good times ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment